Holiday Spectacular 2018
TICKETS: Click here to purchase tickets
VOLUNTEER: Parents, click here to volunteer!
PERFORMER PARENT DVD: Click here for order information & online form
Important Holiday Spectacular Information
We are officially entering the most wonderful, and busiest time of year in the Carmel Choir Department. HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR is here and preparations are in full swing! There is a lot of information for everyone to be aware of, so please keep this email and refer to if often if you need reminders.
Click on the links below for the following:
- A flyer about our partnership with the Backpack Program for the Holiday Season
- An important reminder sheet with all rehearsal and performance times throughout the next month
- A copy of the CHS Choir Handbook, which includes the ticket sale information on the last two pages
- Request for excused absence form
- We are partnering with the Backpack Program and requesting donations to support this wonderful organization. Students can bring donations on Nov. 10 to our morning rehearsal and the class with the highest percentage of donations will win a donut party! Donations will also be accepted on the weekend of the performances.
- If students will miss any outside of school rehearsals, they must submit an excused absence form (above) at least two weeks in advance with a parent signature. We will determine whether or not the conflict is excusable and if it is, we will offer the student a make-up assignment in place to re-earn the grade. If anyone is going to miss any performances, they MUST communicate with their individual director right away. If an unexpected emergency or illness occurs on the night of a rehearsal or performance, please communicate with your director ASAP via email or phone.
- Tickets are already on sale and will likely sell out. Don’t wait to purchase yours at www.ticketracker.com.
- This show could not happen without a TON of parent help. A sign-up-genius will be sent out by Friday of this week and we are hopeful that every family can help in some small way to make this year’s production a success. Please check that out this coming weekend and find a way to serve.
- There will be two back to back performances on Saturday, Dec. 8, one at 2pm and another at 7pm. We will host a dinner and pajama party for the students in between the shows. It’s a lot of fun every year. The cost of the meal was already included in your start of the year choir fees. More information about this will come soon and we will be sure to account for any dietary restrictions or food allergies. At this party each year, we give away fun little “raffle” prizes. We are looking for donations of small trinkets and gifts that the students would enjoy getting. Things like little gift cards, or stocking stuffers. Think “5 Below” or Target Dollar Bins. If you have anything like this or would be willing to donate, these items can be brought in to your director throughout the month of November.
- All performers will receive a Holiday Spectacular T-shirt. This was also included in their start of the year fees. This year’s shirt is navy blue with the show logo on it, and is long-sleeved. Click here if any other family members or friends would like to order a shirt. In addition, this year we are starting an annual tradition of creating a keepsake Holiday Spectacular Christmas ornament. If you would like to order one, it is also included on the link above. Pre-orders for these items will only be taken for about a week, so don’t wait! We will order some extra to sell in the lobby on the weekend of the show, but at that point, quantities will be limited and we will likely run out. Order Today!
- The students should all be signed up to receive Remind Messages for their individual class. Please be sure they have subscribed to their class code. Parents are also welcome to subscribe to receive these messages and reminders:
Remind Class Codes: (load the app or text this code to 81010)
- Accents – @18acc19
- Counterpoints – @18cp19
- Allegro – @18ale19
- Expressions – @18exp19
- Ambassadors – @18amb19
- Greyhound Sound – @18ghs19
- Applied Music (B1) – @18apmb119
- New Edition – @18ne19
- Applied Music (G3) – @18apmg319
- Rhapsody – @18rha19
- Blue & Gold Co. – @18bg19
- Select Sound – @18ss19
Thank you all for your continued support. It’s sure to be another exciting year of Holiday Spectacular!