Latest News and Announcements
Important Holiday Spectacular Information
PARENTS – we need your help. Click here to volunteer for Holiday Spectacular!
We are officially entering the most wonderful, and busiest time of year in the Carmel Choir Department. HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR is here and preparations are in full swing! There is a lot of information for everyone to be aware of, so please keep this email and refer to if often if you need reminders.
Click on the links below for the following:
- Minutes from the recent OVATION Booster Club Meeting with lots of reminders
- A flyer about our partnership with the Backpack Program for the Holiday Season
- An important reminder sheet with all rehearsal and performance times throughout the next month
- A copy of the CHS Choir Handbook, which includes the ticket sale information on the last two pages
- Request for excused absence form
- We are partnering with the Backpack Program and requesting donations to support this wonderful organization. Students can bring donations on Nov. 10 to our morning rehearsal and the class with the highest percentage of donations will win a donut party! Donations will also be accepted on the weekend of the performances.
- If students will miss any outside of school rehearsals, they must submit an excused absence form (above) at least two weeks in advance with a parent signature. We will determine whether or not the conflict is excusable and if it is, we will offer the student a make-up assignment in place to re-earn the grade. If anyone is going to miss any performances, they MUST communicate with their individual director right away. If an unexpected emergency or illness occurs on the night of a rehearsal or performance, please communicate with your director ASAP via email or phone.
- Tickets are already on sale and will likely sell out. Don’t wait to purchase yours at www.ticketracker.com.
- This show could not happen without a TON of parent help. A sign-up-genius will be sent out by Friday of this week and we are hopeful that every family can help in some small way to make this year’s production a success. Please check that out this coming weekend and find a way to serve.
- There will be two back to back performances on Saturday, Dec. 8, one at 2pm and another at 7pm. We will host a dinner and pajama party for the students in between the shows. It’s a lot of fun every year. The cost of the meal was already included in your start of the year choir fees. More information about this will come soon and we will be sure to account for any dietary restrictions or food allergies. At this party each year, we give away fun little “raffle” prizes. We are looking for donations of small trinkets and gifts that the students would enjoy getting. Things like little gift cards, or stocking stuffers. Think “5 Below” or Target Dollar Bins. If you have anything like this or would be willing to donate, these items can be brought in to your director throughout the month of November.
- All performers will receive a Holiday Spectacular T-shirt. This was also included in their start of the year fees. This year’s shirt is navy blue with the show logo on it, and is long-sleeved. Click here if any other family members or friends would like to order a shirt. In addition, this year we are starting an annual tradition of creating a keepsake Holiday Spectacular Christmas ornament. If you would like to order one, it is also included on the link above. Pre-orders for these items will only be taken for about a week, so don’t wait! We will order some extra to sell in the lobby on the weekend of the show, but at that point, quantities will be limited and we will likely run out. Order Today!
- The students should all be signed up to receive Remind Messages for their individual class. Please be sure they have subscribed to their class code. Parents are also welcome to subscribe to receive these messages and reminders:
Remind Class Codes: (load the app or text this code to 81010)
- Accents – @18acc19
- Counterpoints – @18cp19
- Allegro – @18ale19
- Expressions – @18exp19
- Ambassadors – @18amb19
- Greyhound Sound – @18ghs19
- Applied Music (B1) – @18apmb119
- New Edition – @18ne19
- Applied Music (G3) – @18apmg319
- Rhapsody – @18rha19
- Blue & Gold Co. – @18bg19
- Select Sound – @18ss19
Thank you all for your continued support. It’s sure to be another exciting year of Holiday Spectacular!
Choir Calendar Change
As most of you have noted, the Choral Showcase was originally scheduled for Tuesday, February 26 with a dress rehearsal after school, the day before on Monday, February 25. It has been brought to our attention that there are a few other very large events happening on campus on February 26 that will significantly impact parking and traffic on campus. We are concerned that this will make the concert inconvenient for people to get to and enjoy. Along with CHS Administration, we have made a collective decision to move the concert and rehearsal back two days to work better with the school schedule. Please make a note on your personal family calendar of these new dates:
CHORAL SHOWCASE CONCERT – New Date: Thursday, February 28 at 7pm in the CHS Auditorium
CHORAL SHOWCASE TECH REHEARSAL – New Date: Wednesday, February 27 from 3:15-5:30pm in the CHS Auditorium
- Email general choir questions to email@example.com.
- Join OVATION, the Carmel Choir Booster Club, for a one-time donation of $25. Membership is also included with any level of Angel Sponsorship.
To become an OVATION member or an Angel Sponsor, complete this form.
- Link your Kroger shopping card to Carmel Choirs to support the choir each time you shop.
To enroll: Go to Kroger Rewards. Have your Kroger Plus Card number ready.
Organization Name: Carmel High School OVATION
Organization Number: 11165
- Link your Amazon Smile Account to Carmel Choir OVATION to support the choir each time you shop. On your first visit to Amazon Smile, select the choir program to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping.
Organization Name: Carmel High School OVATION
- Click here for updated SCRIP information. If you have additional questions, please contact Ann Boldt via email or (317) 910-8925.
- Interested in advertising in the choir programs, or becoming a choir department corporate sponsor? For more information, please contact Jeff Boldt.
- Looking for donations for the Ambassadors & Accents Silent Auction and Cabaret coming up in October? If you have items or services that you can donate, please contact Lynn Ducat.
Directors and Choirs
Kathrine Kouns Accents, Select Sound, Blue & Gold Company, Expressions
Kyle Barker Ambassadors, Allegro, Counterpoints
Sam Chenoweth New Edition, Rhapsody, Applied Music